opsis architecture

The Memorial Union (MU) was completed in 1929 in the Neoclassical style and is on the National Register of Historic Places. East and west wing additions were completed in 1959. Opsis Architecture was selected to extensively renovate approximately 35,000 sf in the east wing of the building and provide additional upgrades throughout the building. The new east wing of the MU contains a 4,000 sf event space, a 2,000 sf retail space, lounges, multipurpose rooms and a new home for the Cultural Kitchen, a student-run commercial-grade kitchen that supports student and community programs. The new design preserves the integrity and character of the historic building while providing much-needed enhancements and accessibility improvements. The renovation also included mechanical and electrical systems upgrades.

  • Memorial Union Renovation
  • Memorial Union Renovation
  • Memorial Union Renovation
  • Memorial Union Renovation
  • Memorial Union Renovation
  • Memorial Union Renovation
 
  • Memorial Union Renovation
  • Memorial Union Renovation
  • Memorial Union Renovation
  • Memorial Union Renovation
  • Memorial Union Renovation